Make a difference in the lives of refugee and underprivileged children in Vickery Meadow.
The Site Teacher is the creative and fun force behind an academically and emotionally supportive out-of-school program for 3rd to 5th graders. As you create a safe environment to boost the children’s academic success you will be creating lessons that incorporate reading, vocabulary, STEAM, interwoven with social emotional learning concepts. And letting a kid be a kid, by having a little fun! Someone considering this position should have a passion for working with underserved communities, particularly children, and the desire to work with culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
Some of the responsibilities and duties include:
Lead the Head, Heart, and Hands (H3) program for 3rd to 5th graders. This includes curriculum development, lesson planning and execution as well as maintaining an inviting, safe, and orderly environment for students. Training on the H3 program will be provided upon hire.
Support the organization through volunteers, community engagement, and fundraising:
- Volunteers: Steward site volunteers
- Community engagement: liaison to school administration and staff, ensuring Heart House is connected to school district activities and curriculum.
- Fundraising: assist with grant application through providing timely reporting, testing, and surveys
Work with assigned AmeriCorps member(s) and provide suggestions, demonstrations, and assistance for improvement, as needed.
Administrative duties including but not limited to general supply requests, evaluations, data input into Salesforce, development, fundraising, and volunteer management and stewardship.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. A BA in education, social or human services, child development, or related field preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively/ collaboratively with team members, school district staff, parents, community leaders, and other stake holders
- Experience working with low-income underserved elementary and middle school youth
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others as well as respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in an emergency situation
- CPR/First Aid Certified
Job entails occasional need to lift boxes up to 25 lbs., standing for long periods of time, food distribution, and cleaning.
Health, dental, vision and life insurance, generous annual PTO, 13 paid holidays, and professional development opportunities available.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]