Make a difference in the lives of the children in Vickery Meadow.
Heart House is an out of school time program located in the Vickery Meadow area of Dallas. We are dedicated to the academic and mental health success of students from kindergarten through 8 th grade. Within a very collaborative environment, the Site Teacher is the creative and fun force behind an academically and emotionally supportive out-of-school program for Kinder through 2nd graders. You will be creating lessons that incorporate reading, vocabulary, STEAM, and Project Based Learning interwoven with social emotional learning concepts while fostering a safe environment to boost the children's academic success. Most importantly, you will be providing a space for a kid be a kid, by having fun! Someone considering this position should have a passion for working with underserved communities, specifically children, and the desire to work with culturally and ethnically diverse populations.
Hours are Monday to Thursday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, with program running 3:15 to 6:00 pm. Friday is 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Summer hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm M to TH, and 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Fridays.
Some of the responsibilities and duties include:
- Lead the Head, Heart, and Hands (H3) program for K to 2nd graders. This includes curriculum development, lesson planning and execution as well as maintaining an inviting, safe, and orderly environment for students.
- Training on the H3 program will be provided upon hire
- Support the organization through:
- Volunteers: Steward site volunteers
- Partner organizations: coordinate with counselors, corporate groups who come in
- Community engagement: liaison to school administration and staff, ensuring Heart House is connected to school district activities and curriculum.
- Fundraising: assist with grant application through providing timely reporting, testing, and surveys
- Recruitment: work with current HH families and apartment complex to recruit
- Work with assigned AmeriCorps member(s) and manage/provide daily tasks and assignments, suggestions, demonstrations, and assistance for improvement, as needed
- Administrative duties including but not limited to general supply requests, evaluations, data input into Salesforce, development, fundraising, and volunteer management and stewardship
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to plan cohesive units, joint fieldtrips and activities, and create organization and site goals and action plans.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. A BA in education, social or human services, child development, or related field preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively/ collaboratively with team members, school district staff, parents, community leaders, and other stake holders
- Experience working with low-income underserved elementary and middle school youth
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others as well as respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in an emergency situation
- CPR/First Aid Certified (if hired Heart House will cover training to certify)
- Job entails occasional need to lift boxes up to 25 lbs., standing for long periods of time, food distribution, and cleaning
Health, dental, vision and life insurance, generous annual PTO, 13 paid holidays, and professional development opportunities available.
Please send a resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to [email protected].