Dear Heart House supporters,
Heart House students are back to school. Thank you for your gifts of time, talent, and treasure for the summer program.
Thanks to your support, Heart House will continue to provide services this Fall, virtual and in-person. Amidst many changes, staying in touch with the students provides a stability and assurance that some things do not change; and while we are all getting used to mask-wearing and social distancing these conditions are not optimal for anyone. There are 4 ways your support is continuing to help move refugee and immigrant children from chaos to calm:
- Virtual and in-person lessons to support schoolwork from Dallas ISD
- Social Emotional Learning woven throughout the week
- Counseling sessions and check-ins
- Hands-on learning projects such as Lemonade Day and Growing Gardens
Due to the disruption of their learning environment children may be lagging in subjects such as reading and math. Keeping that in mind, fall programming will provide more academic support in these areas.
If you are not already receiving the newsletter, please take a moment to sign up here.
- Your donation will help continue services.
- If you have an extra tablet or laptop you no longer use call 650-336-4939 to donate.
I am available anytime to answer your questions, concerns, and listen to any ideas to improve the program and services. [email protected] or 650-336-4939. Thank you again for all you do to bring chaos to calm for Heart House children.
Your gifts of time, treasure and talent do so much!
Tori Hobbs, CFRE
Interim Executive Director