Heart House, COVID-19 and You!
Dear Heart House supporters,
Moving from chaos to calm is more important than ever! Thank you for your gifts of time, talent, and treasure to the children of Heart House. We hope that each of you are safe, well, and staying healthy during this unprecedented time.
Thanks to your support, Heart House is one of the few out of school time programs providing services, even while staff work from home. Amidst many changes, staying in touch with the students provides a stability and assurance that some things do not change, helping them to make it through this very challenging time. There are 4 ways your support is continuing to help move refugee and immigrant children from chaos to calm:
1) Virtual lessons and tutoring to support daily schoolwork from Dallas ISD
2) Connecting families to community services like daily grab & go food
3) Virtual social activities like movie watching parties, and show and tell
4) Counseling sessions and check-ins
Summer planning is in full swing. The best option at this point is a combination of virtual and in-person with social distancing and safety measures in place. Rest assured all guidelines handed down by the Governor and County Judge will be followed to a T, so no in-person until approved.
Due to the disruption of their learning environment children may be lagging behind in subjects such as reading and math. Keeping that in mind, Heart House summer programming will provide academic support in these specific areas. With your support students will go on virtual field trips, have fun activities, and experience some special guests.
- If you are not already receiving the newsletter, please take a moment to sign up here.
- Your donation will help continue services.
- If you have an extra tablet or laptop you no longer use call 650-336-4939 to donate.
I am available anytime to answer your questions, concerns, and listen to any ideas to improve the program and services. [email protected] or 650-336-4939. Thank you again for all you do to bring chaos to calm for Heart House children.
Your gifts of time, treasure and talent do so much!
Tori Hobbs, CFRE
Interim Executive Director